turbovisor – Application supervisor¶
Turbovisor is an application management tool which detects file changes and restart application on the fly. There are several parameters to control its behavior.
- -w, –watch
- Specify files or directories to watch. If directory is given, all its sub-directories will be monitored as well. By default, turbovisor will monitor current directory.
- -i, –ignore
- Specify files or directories to ignore. If directory is given, all its sub-directories will be ignored as well. This is uesfull for auto-generated files or temporary files. By default, no file is ignored.
Suppose we have the following directory tree, and turbovisor is invoked in the app’s root directory
MyApp |-- doc | |-- doc1.rst | |-- doc2.rst |-- main.lua |-- model.lua |-- templates | |-- view.lua |-- static | |-- files | |-- file1 | |-- file2 | |-- images | |-- image1.jpg | |-- image2.jpg | |-- sounds | |-- sound1.mp3 | |-- sound2.mp3 |-- test.lua
- turbovisor main.lua
- start application, detect any changes in the application
- turbovisor main.lua -w model.lua
- start application, only monitor file model.lua
- turbovisor main.lua –watch model.lua main.lua
- start application, only monitor file model.lua and main.lua
- turbovisor main.lua -i static
- start application, detect any changes in the application, except static directory and its sub-directories
- turbovisor main.lua –watch static –ignore static/images static/sounds/sound2.mp3
- start application, monitor static directory, but ignore its images sub-directory and sound2.mp3 file